Home Care for People Suspected with Coronavirus
Home Care for People Suspected Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Viewing of the recent available data on the coronavirus case and its transmission, health facilities and especially the World Health Organization recommends that the suspected cases of coronavirus outbreak be cared for contemplating isolated measures and reviewed in a hospital facility. That would guarantee both security and quality of health care, of course this is considered in case patients’ symptoms worsen and quality of public health security.
But, for several possible reasons, including conditions when inpatient care is not available or insecure (i.e. limited capacity and resources unable to compensate demand for health care services), or in a case of informed refusal of hospitalization, home facilities for health care facility might need to be considered. Specific contagion prevention and control lead for house care must be followed.
Isolating measures would guarantee both security and quality of health care, of course this is considered in case patients’ symptoms worsen and quality of public health security.
People with suspected coronavirus contagion with mild respiratory indications must:
- You should stay away from well individuals as much as possible at least 3 feet;
- You should fulfill hand hygiene often, using alcohol-based hand rub if hands are not visibly stained or soap and water when hands are visibly stained;
- You should contain respiratory process, a medical mask should be supplied to the people and put on as much as possible, if it can be allowed. For people who cannot allow a medical mask, a person should carefully apply respiratory hygiene, cover mouth and nose as coughing or sneezing with paper tissue. Dispose of the material after use. Clean hands right away after any contact with respiratory process;
- Develop flow of air in your home and living spaces by opening windows and doors as much as possible. Let the air flow through your home and let the fresh air come in.
What Should Family Members Should Do to People with Suspected Coronavirus Do?
Friends, relatives, family members, companions or caregivers to people with suspected coronavirus infection with mild respiratory symptoms should:
- Be aware of hand hygiene often,
- Keep your distance at least 3 feet, as much as possible;
- Wear a mask when in the same room with the affected people, and of course you should not stay at the same room;
- Dispose of the any substance right away after usage. Clean your hands right after contact with respiratory process;
- Improve flow of air in your living area, rooms or home by opening windows and doors as much as possible.